Race Rules & Regulations
- Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals’ directions. Entrants for the Windsor Women’s 10k must be amateur, and 15 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
- Entries to the Windsor Women’s 10k are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person’s race number will be disqualified. UK Athletics rules state:
“Numbers are issued to the individual athlete completing the application form except with the specific authority of the Race Organiser. Athletes who receive transferred numbers without permission will be disqualified from the race. Both runners will be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.”
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the race organisers’ control.
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
- No wheeled vehicles (pram’s, buggies etc), no dogs, following cycles allowed.
- If you wear headphones be aware of people around you – don’t drift & trip others up! It is best not to wear them – just soak up the atmosphere! We do ask that runners don’t wear headphones – but if you really can’t run without them then we ask that you please be vigilant so that you are able to hear marshal’s instructions and emergency vehicles – It’s really important, and for your own safety and for the safety of others, please use common sense and show a duty of care to those around you. Bone conduction headphones are acceptable and are endorsed by UK Athletics.
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Windsor 10k and reported to UK Athletics
- Team Rules – We do not require competitors to wear official club or team vests except for UK Athletics Affiliated Clubs. Team results will be based on lowest aggregate time (not places)
- Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
- Prize winners are only allowed to receive one prize. E.g. If a veteran runner finishes amongst the first 3 prize winners in the Open Race then she will not be eligible for the award in the veteran category.
- It is very important to wear your number clearly visible on the front of your running vest/t-shirt. Your number must not be altered in anyway or covered by any clothing/tri belt. Do not bend twist or fold your number.
- Runners are NOT required to register before the race.
- Check your bank statement for confirmation of acceptance
- Change of postal address, email address or telephone number(s) -If your postal address, email address or telephone number details change, then you must inform us as soon as possible by either changing your details online details of which were on your confirmation email or by emailing: email@example.com. If this is not done, we cannot guarantee that you will receive all race communications.
- Following the race, you will receive an email from Marathon-photos our media partner once they have uploaded all race images to their website https://www.marathon-photos.com/ should you wish to purchase any.
- Data Protection: The Windsor Womens 10k complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer. If you do not want your name made available for future events, please tick the box on the online form.
No refunds are given. As per our T&Cs when you sign up, we are unable to offer refunds or deferral of entries to next year’s race. The moment you enter our race we start to incur administration costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. This applies also if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside our control, for instance by order of the government due to foot and mouth. Your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event and the main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc are already committed well before race day. However, if you purchased insurance on registration, you may be able to claim a refund
If you would like to transfer your entry to another person, you can do this by logging into your registration through the link provided on your confirmation email. The deadline for all transfers is 30th August 2023.